Saturday, February 15, 2014

skiing

The kids were so excited to go skiing!  The process to get our skis almost killed the excitement though. We arrived at 10, wanting the kids to have lessons at 11. By the time we got outside we only had 15 minutes till lessons. (In hindsight it's probably good we didn't try to take them down the bunny hill first.)

It was a beautiful morning!! Probably 15 degrees but no wind!! Perfect! While the kids had lessons Brian and I went skiing by ourselves. After a few runs I decided I wanted to try a jump! Crazy, right?! 

Brian wasn't up for it so he watched in case I hurt myself. The first time I was amazed with my speed after the jump. The second time I caught air, which was amazing! I feel backwards on my back but still moving down the hill. I started to get back up then I bit it!! I rolled and rolled and came to a stop on my stomach. I did the jump one more time, caught air, and landed!! Loved it!!! It was so much fun!



Karlee and Mason decided to snowboard. It was challenging for them to turn or stop, but they kept going. I'm so glad they did! Of course they got better and better. Their bodies hurt tonight though. 

Once Carson was ok with speed he did great!! He would go straight down the hill and turn to get back in line to go up again. 

Karlee and Carson both went on the lift with me. Karlee kept struggling to not fall but she's a fighter. Carson didn't hardly "snowplow" as he headed down. Kind of a do or die mind set. He made me a little nervous. 

Over all it was a success!! Everybody is a little sore, ok Brian and I are more than a little, but are up to do it again!! Wahoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment