Saturday, March 15, 2014

just keep running...

Bailee ran her first 5K today!! She sent me these pics and texted me her time which was 32:37. She also added that she ran the whole thing!! I'm so proud of her.

I wish I could have ran with her. I loved running a 5K with McKinzie and Karlee last summer. Maybe this summer I can run one with Bailee.


I'm currently training for a half marathon. There was a time, not long ago, I thought I'd never run more than a 10K. I guess I needed to prove to myself I can do hard things. Or, I can do this because so and so did. That's probably it. 

It's hard. When I ran 8 miles for the first time I thought I would die. My legs hurt for most of the day. Thursday I ran 11 miles and at 10 1/2 I had to walk a bit. But I'm doing it. It feels good, the next day after my legs stop hurting, to know I'm accomplishing my goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment