Monday, March 17, 2014

lucky day

I got a wild hair and decided to make a treat for St. Patrick's Day.  So about 4:00 I start this cake, Chocolate Cake with Mint Buttercream.  I found it on Pinterest, of course. Karlee insisted it had to have a shamrock. She made the design on top.

To be honest, the cake was a little dry. The mint flavor was great, although the boys thought it was too much. After I frosted the cake I had a little frosting left over that I rolled in the chocolate shavings.  That was super yummy!  So good I might make the frosting again, roll in chocolate then freeze.
 
Today was lucky for our neighbor. Ed was home by himself when a man broke into his house.  It happened around 11 this morning.  I had heard sirens around then but of course went about my business. Then I noticed 5 cars in front of my house plus two police cars.  In the afternoon a van arrived that had Bomb and Arson Investigation Unit on the side.  I started to get nervous.
 
Ed had shot the intruder and injured him.  The guy ran off but the police apprehended him shortly.  I started to wonder how safe I really am, during the day.  I have a security system, but I don't always set it while I'm home.  Then I remember Stella.  Our dog has turned into a barker.  It's annoying. When someone is walking past our house she barks, a lot.
 
If someone was trying to break into our house I would be surprised if Stella wouldn't hear the break in. I think her barking and jumping around at the window would deter any intruder. I think Stella is a pretty good guard dog.  I don't know if she would attack. But she freaks out plenty watching through the window. I'm thinking I better listen more carefully when she starts barking.

No comments:

Post a Comment