Tuesday, June 16, 2015

rain, rain, go away...

Yesterday it rained, and rained, and rained some more. I have no idea how much we got, but I do know it's never puddled like this before. The water was seeping through the foundation into the storage room. Luckily it ran right into the pump. I wasn't too worried. Although I did time the pump. It was running every 11.67 seconds trying to keep up to all this water. Crazy!!
 
The elementary school was extremely flooded today. When we first noticed it Carson asked if he could go swim. Of course I said no. After Karlee picked him up from theater camp they drove past the school and her friends were floating in it! Well they quickly changed and headed back to the school. I decided to drop by and take a few pictures. ;)



See that fence on the upper right? The water was near the top earlier in the day. Today was all sunshine. Tomorrow should be too. More rain is expected Thursday. I hope it's not much. It won't take much to do this all again.  


Later, Karlee went to hang out with friends at Wredling. They had a new pond there as well. She said the water smelled like goose poop. I'm not surprised. 

No comments:

Post a Comment