Sunday, December 8, 2013

mason's adventures

Mason has had a lot of his own adventures this last month.  There was an A/B recognition.  They had donuts and hot chocolate before school. Even though his grades weren't from Haines he still got all A's from Creekview.


 His first band concert.  He was so very nervous.  Of course they all sounded great.  Once the 6th grade started their songs he wasn't as nervous.

Then one Saturday he went rock climbing with the Scouts. 

The two wards in our building also do a MAY Group, Middle school Aged Youth.  Since there are so many middle schools here once a month a family hosts a party to get all the middle schoolers together to help them...bond.  He went in November and they went swimming.  Only about 12 kids were there but that's actually a perfect size.  He had fun.  I'm hoping he'll want to go again.
His school also has a ski trip planned in January that he has asked about going on.  My only concern is that he would need to go to lessons possibly by himself.  I know he won't like that.  I think we'll try and go as a family first then next year he can go with the school.  I'm hoping we can take advantage of where we live and expose the kids to winter activities like skiing.  I love to ski!  I hope we can go soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment