Thursday, April 17, 2014

awards

Sometimes I feel like such a loser mom. This morning is one of those times.

Yesterday afternoon I realized I couldn't go to the temple this morning because Carson has a half day. Just him. So all evening I kept trying to figure our how to make it all work. I never did.

I've also been preoccupied with remodeling our kitchen. (That can be very overwhelming.)

I totally forgot about Mason's recognition breakfast, which is really a donut and hot chocolate by the way. Shortly after I got out of the shower this morning, my phone chimed to remind me. It starts in10 minutes!! Crap!!

I call Brian. He's already at his office, not close. So I text Mason to find out when he gets to school. I quickly get dressed, put on make-up (I actually consider going without. I'm really losing my mind!) and run a pic through my hair. (I hadn't washed it so this works thank goodness.)

I leave after it had been going for 5 minutes. While driving I get this from Mason, "Aah mom we forgot that today is the sixth grade recongnition breakfast" we exchange a few more texts mine mostly say Go!

When Carson and I arrive parents are flooding the sidewalk. I'm sad because I feel like I let Mason down. Carson is sad because he wants a donut.

We found Mason in the hall very quickly. He got his donut!! He was happy and life is still good. But now I want to find the paper with all the kids names on it that made the honor roll. Carson and I race to the gym where everyone is cleaning up. Panic!!! I'm scanning the entire gym hoping a parent left one one on the bleachers. Nothing! We race to a table and I see them near the donuts. I pick up the paper and Carson gets a donut. All is right in the world again. Whew!!

Congrats Mason on your awesome grades! And for bring an awesome son!! I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment