Saturday, April 19, 2014

first half

This morning I accomplished one of my goals. I ran a half marathon!! My time was 2:17:48. I was 22nd in my age group. I was hoping to be around 2:15. I think I did pretty good.

It was hard. I knew it would be. I walked a little at 6.5, I tried Gu for the first time. It's an endurance gel. Kind of strange but I think it helped. I also walked for a bit at 11 then again at 12. I was so tired. But I did it!!! Brian asked me why I do this when I hurt so much after. I told him I burned 1800 calories during the race. That's one reason I run. I don't eat healthy and running helps me not gain weight. ;) As Brian and I were leaving he asked me if I would do it again. I quickly answered yes! It was hard but I know I can do hard things. I think I'll try and do another in the fall.

Thank you Brian for driving me to and from my races. And not telling me how crazy I am for causing myself so much pain. I love you!!

1 comment: