Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter fun

Saturday we colored Easter Eggs, but we did it a little different.  We used crayons.  Right after the eggs were finished cooking we colored, or waxed them.  The crayon melted very quickly.  By the time we got to the last few the eggs they were cooled off too much and it really did look like we used crayons.  
 
 


 
I do like how vibrant they look. 
 
 Easter baskets and egg hunt.

They had a hard time finding these last three.  The Easter Bunny was clever!


For church we had Stake Conference.  We attended at our building and watched it as a broadcast.  The first speaker the connection was poor so we missed part of his talk. It made me wonder if we should drive to the Stake Center, it's another 20 minutes from our house. 

There weren't anymore problems and all the speakers were great!! They all talked about the Atonement.  One speaker was so powerful I couldn't get control of my tears.  I hope I can recall these speakers each week as I partake of the sacrament.  I'm so grateful for Jesus, that he gave up his life for me...for each one of us.

McKinzie sent this picture during church. Isn't she the cutest?
 
Our Easter lunch was very nontraditional.  Grilled shrimp with angel hair pasta.  We still had deviled eggs though.  :D
 


After our afternoon nap I made marshmallow eggs.  Karlee helped coat them in chocolate.  Some kind of looked like eggs.  Many looked like something else.  Not sure what. ;)

They were delicious!!
 


 
 
I embroidered towels for all the kids.  I think it's a good reflection of their personalities. 
 
I hope my kids know the importance of Easter.  We talked about the true meaning many times.  Mason and Carson were asking more questions during FHE to better understand.  Through out the past week both of them were asking about Palm Sunday and Good Friday.  We live around more Catholics here where as in Texas it was more Baptists. I think it's good for us to be around other religions.  It helps us understand all there is to know about religious holidays. I know little by little they will understand. 
 
Happy Easter!!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment