Sunday, May 4, 2014

another driver

You would think I would be accustom to new drivers, after all Karlee is our third. There are a few aspects she has picked up quicker than her sisters, yet it's still stressful. I told her today that I'm more attentive when she drives than when I drive. That sounds wrong but it's true.

She'll need to drive a lot these next few months. The earliest she can get her license is October. It's exhausting to have a new driver. They can only drive when there's ample time. I don't allow the radio to be on, Karlee thinks that's crazy, and we can't really have a conversation. She needs to focus on driving, not talking with me.

Today when she was driving us all home from church I noticed how close she was sitting to the stirring wheel. It appears her arm is resting on the wheel. That can't be good, something to talk to Karlee about.

Today she did well. Other days not so much. I guess that's why she needs practice. Practice makes perfect. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment