Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Isn't this picture crazy!! Yesterday Karlee and I attended a Mother's Day Brunch at the Stake Center that the Stake YW put together.  We attended classes about, "What are Boys Thinking", "Color Yourself BeaYOUtiful", and "Handling Stress". This little photo was Karlee's idea.  She asked if we could touch our nose with our tongue. I said NO WAY!! So the fish face won. It was fun! The rest of Saturday Brian and I planted flowers. 

We have a number of things growing but nothing with color so we had to add something.  We planted three rose bushes and about 80 flowers in the existing flower beds.  Already the house looks more cheery. On the way home from church I realized that we can plant some of our garden in the flower beds from our retaining wall.  I think it will be perfect! I'm excited to go by rhubarb, cucumber, and a tomato plant.  I might be the only one eating these so it will be just one plant each. I also want to plant strawberry and raspberry plants. Not sure where would be best yet.

This morning when I came down to get breakfast going the boys were busy emptying out the dishwasher and setting the table with huge grins on their faces.  Brian was busy making toast. It was nice to have breakfast taken care of.  Now as I'm typing, all of them, plus Karlee, is busy in the kitchen making lunch. A few days ago Brian asked what I wanted to for lunch. I didn't know what to say.  I was surprised with the question. He said he would be taking care of lunch.  They are making steak with Cajun potatoes. We haven't had that since we've lived here and it's finally feeling like summer.  Mason has already made the treat for FHE, chocolate pudding. YUM!!

It's turning out to be a great Mother's Day!! Now I need to talk with Bailee and McKinzie (and see her cute kids) and the day will be perfect!!

Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment