Wednesday, August 19, 2015

school...again!

I still need to post about our family reunion but this day is super important!
We have a Senior, 8th, and 4th grader this year.
 
Today is Karlee's last first day! I can't believe it! My timid, teary-eyed kindergartener called me this morning in tears. There was a mix up at school and they wouldn't allow her to drive herself to the career center. Well, this mama bear would not hear of that! I made a few phone calls, tried to talk nice (that didn't last long), than called the office to have Karlee come home, but instead of home I sent her to the career center!  She can't miss her first day! I hope it gets better for her...
 

Such a beauty! Inside and out!
 Mason shared with me this morning that he wasn't nervous for school just didn't want to go. Where did this come from?! We went to school Monday to pick up his schedule, drop off his supplies in his locker, and walk his schedule. He was fine. In fact a little excited!! But this morning was rough for him as well. Will the first day ever be easy... :(

Then there's this boy. Monday we also went to CJ's school to meet his teacher.  I don't think the 4th graders were suppose to but meeting the teacher relieves so many anxieties. So we did. Today he was ready to get to school and just get it started. As we waited on the blacktop he was excited every time he saw a friend.  Super excited to see AJ even though he saw him yesterday at the pool!

I left him before they went into the school. He has this handled.
 
 
I've already had the tires rotated, been to Sams and sent Bailee off to work. I still have a few more errands to do today but all day, like every other first day of school, I'll be thinking of my kids. I hope they are having fun being with their friends. I hope they have someone to sit with for lunch. I hope it's all good and they come home happy. :D I'm crossing fingers and saying prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment