Friday, November 8, 2013

today

Today I'm sewing a blanket for a friend and my machine started having issues.  Probably 3 times my bobbin did this.  I decided to take the thread out and see what happens.  It basically froze up after 5-6 stitches.  So I dropped it off at the Dr and I won't get it back for two weeks!  That's super long when I have 4 projects to work on.  Oh well.  Since I can't work on the blanket I decided to try and play catch up.  
 
 
This is the view from my kitchen, where I'm sitting and typing.  I love the view.  I don't think I'll ever get tired of this.  


Mason just left on his second 11 year old camp out. His first one was in September.  Brian went with him but didn't take any pictures.  I thought I trained him better than that. 
 
Mason wasn't excited to go today.  He met one boy last week and the others at church Wednesday night.  There are five 11 year old scouts.  They will all sleep together in one tent.  It's suppose to be cold tonight with a chance of rain.  All of our gear hasn't arrived yet so we are borrowing everything.  I worry about him all the time.  I feel like I make him go to many activities.  Almost always he has fun, but he would rather stay home.  I'm sure I'll worry about him all night. Is he having fun?  Is he warm? Can he sleep? Has he made friends?  The list continues to grow the more I type.  
 


 Clay's mom, the boy in the middle, sent this picture to me as they were about to leave the church.
Here is the entire group of boys that went on the camp out.  The 11 year olds only needed a day pack for their water and lunch.  The 11 year olds only hiked 10 miles.  The rest of the boys packed all their gear and hiked 15 miles. 

I added these pictures on Sunday.  Mason had a great time and stayed warm all night.  His legs are still a little sore from the hike.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment