Thursday, June 5, 2014

another great day

We only have one more day of school. We're ready!! 

Today Mason, and the 6th grade class, walked a few blocks to the Arcada Theater to watch "Freak, the Mighty". Tomorrow his last class of the day is having a mini party and the kids can bring something to share. He wants me to drop off donuts for the class. Done!

Carson had field day today. I tagged along and took pictures. I'll have to upload more from my camera but here are a few. These are two of his best friends, Gabe and Connor. 

Karlee and I went to pick up the last few things, after school, for her trip to Germany next week. It's coming quick. I think she only needs to pack. 
For dinner we ate outside. It was beautiful!! I think we'll do this more often. 

A few weeks ago I went to a Relief Society meeting about gardening, small space gardening. We started talking about raised beds too. Then it hit me! I already have raised beds! 

Last Tuesday I spent 2 1/2 hours digging out thistles and pulling up about six shrubs, two of which I replanted. Brian added a yard of top soil/compost mix last night and I planted seven raspberry and one blackberry plant tonight. They're lovely!! 


A few weeks ago we planted tomatoes, a cucumber and a cantaloupe plant in a different raised bed. If all goes well I'll be removing more shrubs. 

After dinner they played catch/keep away. Stella got involved too! Take a look at the close up below. 



Such s beautiful night! Loving the weather! Loving our home and yard! Beginning to love Illinois!

Then a treat before bed. Such a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment