Monday, June 30, 2014

our labors

Our little strawberry plants have berries!! I ate the first berry!! YUM!! We also planted two different kinds of tomatoes, cucumber, cantaloupe, raspberries, and a blackberry plant. The raspberry and blackberries have a few new leaves. I'm not expecting much from them this year.  But the other three are growing and growing. They all have blossoms too! I check them regularly in hopes to see something to eat. 

Thursday the kitchen was pretty much complete. There are a couple of doors by the microwave I'm waiting on but they are finished. The rest is up to us. 

Friday, I attended the temple. It was nice. I still try and attend once a month by myself. It's something I've been doing since January 2012. I think I've missed once. I started to make it a point to go every month when I attended that February on Mom's birthday. I miss her...and Dad too. 

Saturday we started the wood floors. We found out on Saturday that the wood we chose needed to be glued down. We were not excited to hear that. We worked 6 hours on Saturday and finished about half of the eat in kitchen area. Not very much. 

Today we worked on the kitchen for 7 hours and we finished the eating area, cut the tile by the laundry room and finished the area between the island and the sink. All the way to the end of the island. We fill like we accomplished a lot. We're hoping to finish tomorrow. It will be another long day. 

We are having more terrible storms this evening. Thunder, lightening, it's too noisy to sleep. I hear this rain we've been getting is not normal, just like our extreme winter. It's been nice not worrying about watering our new plants, but we haven't had one week of nice, warm, summer weather. I hope we get some soon. Before our summer is over. 


No comments:

Post a Comment