Monday, June 23, 2014

past week remodel

Brian started pulling up the tile on a Wednesday. The boys wanted to give it a try. They ended up pulling up maybe 2/3 of the dining area by themself. It was coming up pretty easy. 


Then Saturday we got serious and pulled up the rest of the kitchen. 


The boys helped a ton!! Brian made a game out of hauling the tile out to the dumpster. He told them when they throw a tile in the dumpster and if it doesn't break then you need to haul two more out. They loved trying to break them! They ended up hauling out most of the pile Carson is laying on. 

Tuesday morning many men showed up to remove old and bring in new. 


I love the wood grain!!

For a time our ceiling looked like Swiss cheese. :)

At one point Mason removed two tiles at once. But Brian holds the record when he removed the tiles from under the fridge. 

Wednesday morning granite counters were installed...heaven!!

But my favorite, I have to admit, is this beauty. A double oven!! I used it for the first time this morning making muffins. 

In my old oven these three silicone pans wouldn't fit. I scrunched them together since they could bend. But now it's perfect! Maybe I'll bake cookies today. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment