Tuesday, September 30, 2014

it's my day

Yesterday was such a beautiful day! I felt like I was in Texas. The sun felt soo good!! Bailee colored my hair then we went to lunch and ran a couple errands. She worked today so I figured we could justify lunch yesterday. :)

Saturday Brian took me to Chicago to see the Blue Man Group. It was great! We had no idea it was a comedy act as well. We sat behind the "splash zone". They all had ponchos to put on so their clothes wouldn't get ruined. 


We had some beautiful views as we walked to and from the train. The picture below was the train stop after the show. It was a little creepy but we were safe. We ended up sitting there an extra 30 mins...the train was late. Which made us late for our train home. Instead of the 8:40 we ended up catching the 10:40 train. It was a late night. 

Today has been a little odd. I've been close to tears all day. I'm trying to be happy. But it's been a tough day. I miss Mom so much today. I miss my life in Texas. I miss McKinzie and her family. So every time I start thinking there's tears...

I went for a run to try to turn my mind off. I ran 6.5 miles. It didn't really work but I loved the scenery. I love this tall grass! It's a natural fence. 

Then the rest of the afternoon I sewed a blanket and burp clothes for McKinzie's friend, Ariel. She's having her first baby in November. I love the flowers on this flannel. 

I decided to give her an appliqué burp cloth too. :)

The kids ask me how my day has been. I tell them it's been like every other day. They are sad for me. Life as an adult I guess. I'm going to make peach crisp instead of cake. I'm looking forward to that. Happy birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment