Thursday, September 11, 2014

nearing the end

Today the weather changed drastically. I don't think I've worn a sweater before my birthday for 16+ years. Today I'm wearing a sweater. The high today was 54, I think. I don't mind wearing a sweater but I'm not ready for coats and boots. 

Monday I picked three sad looking cantaloupe out of our garden. They were perfect!! Soo flavorful and juicey! I know we won't be able to eat them quick enough before they go bad though. I've bottled 12 pints and 2 quarts of tomatoes over these past few weeks. It was exciting to hear the lids pop as they sealed once they were removed from the water bath. :0) 

I've loved having a garden. Fresh tomatoes and cucumbers have been amazing to eat. We've had more strawberries than I've expected for it bring their first year. 

Sadly it's all coming to an end. The leaves have started to change and it's suppose to be cool all week. I know I'll enjoy Fall. This will an amazing season. But the season after is what I'm not looking forward to...Winter. 


Now that's a tomato sandwich!! It was soo tasty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment