Sunday, January 25, 2015

productive week

Carson ended up going back to school on Friday. He was so glad to be back at school. Although, when he arrived home he was overwhelmed with all he missed. He felt left out and overwhelmed with five worksheets to do over the weekend. All the kids had lots of homework to do. That's normal for Karlee but not for the boys. 

They all worked on homework on Friday but still had more to do Saturday and today. 

Mason had to do a family project for his Spanish class. Karlee helped him by drawing the tree. I think it turned out great!




I was also able to finish block 7, 8, and 9 this past week! I'm glad I've had time to do this much sewing. This next week is going to be busy. I'm sure I'll be lucky to finish another block. Saturday, while listening to a three hour meeting, I started cutting fabric for block 10. When I had three of the colors cut I realized I cut the wrong size!  I cut around 20 blocks at 2 1/8" squared when they should have been at 2 1/4"!! Such a waste! Oh well. What can I do? 

Oh! I almost forgot to share! Mason came home in a really good mood on Thursday, he's usually in a good mood though. In his Spanish class he had a sub. In the notes for the sub it stated that if the kids needed help there were two students they could ask for help. Mason was one of the students!! It sure made him feel special. 

Then on Friday I received a letter in the mail sharing that Carson is in the top 20% of 3rd graders, in the district, for literacy and math! I knew we had smart kids but WOW! In the spring he'll be tested some more to find out if he's in the top 5%. 

Way to go boys!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment