Wednesday, September 30, 2015

my birthday


Today I turned 45! Can you believe it?! I can't! Some days I feel my age but most days I don't. Karlee suprised me with post its this morning! She's been surprising me all week. I've found 5 then lost one in my purse. She tells me there's another somewhere in my room. I'm not sure I believe her. It's been fun being surpised with a new clever note all week.






Today has been a roller coaster kind of day. I was able to run early so I could meet a friend for a pedicure. I was really looking forward to it. A few minutes before I was to leave Karlee calls to tell me her car just died! As she was driving down 38! Off I went to get her to school. I ended up not meeting my friend since I now needed to be available for when Brian could help get the car. I was suprised at how dissapointed I was.

I started cinnamon rolls (instead of cake) then decided to run a couple errands while I waited for his call. My drive down Burr then Dean did not dissapoint. It doesn't matter what the season is I LOVE that drive!!
 


We were able to drive the car to the shop. By the time we got there the engine was smoking...bad. We found out it needs a new engine. Karlee's cute convertible will not be resurrected. We might as well buy another car for the cost of putting a new/salvaged engine in. She's very disappointed...so are we. UGH!! I don't want to go car shopping!!

So this has been my day. Not so good! Mason had church at 6. He felt bad we weren't doing anything special today. I told him that's life sometimes. Deep down I felt bad too. 

When we got home at 7:30 I frosted the cinnamon rolls and I opened presents. THIS was the best part of my day! All of us sitting together laughing. Because of that moment my day was great! I sure love my family! They are the BEST!! Brian gave me a fitbit (even though I told him not to). ;) McKinzie gave me a super cute snowman. Really, he's cute! Bailee made me a few dishclothes and a loofah! Karlee gave me some treats, plus all those post it notes. Mason gave me a card that I can redeem for a day of him doing "whatever" I want. Wahoo! I can't wait! Carson gave me a super cute letter telling me how great I am. And Julie made me the cutest snowman table runner! I'm so easy to buy for. :D

Happy birthday to me!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment