Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mothers Day

Our Stake has a mother/daughter brunch on the Saturday before Mothers Day. (I just realized this is our/my last one.) It was nice. We attend a few classes, a service project to work on, and food. This year they made these beautiful flowers for decorations. They were amazing!

I had Karlee stand near them to give you an idea of how large they were. Amazing!!

I actually had a not so good day. Mostly I was feeling sorry for myself. Letting stupid things upset me. I went for a walk hoping it would help. It didn't. But this morning I felt better. I'm so very blessed! I have wonderful kids and a husband that loves me. 

Before church I took a few selfies with these hooligans. The sun was so bright it took us a few tries. It was fun! 

This has been my most favorite Sunday meetings by far for Mother's Day! Instead of the traditional flower to take home, we got sundaes!! Such a nice surprise. During the third hour the women (and Laurels) went into the gym where there were tables and chairs, tablecloths AND centerpieces!! Karlee even went and dished it up and brought it to me. It was wonderful to visit and laugh and enjoy a treat. In the last ten minutes a couple Priests talked about womanhood and then we had a prayer. Everything about it was nice.  

Brian and Karlee made dinner... 



...while I sat outside enjoying this view. :) We ate outside as well. 
During sacrament meeting I thought about Mom a lot. I miss her. I miss how she would call my kids her "love bug". I miss her actions showing us her love for us and our Savior.  I miss how she would say "hep me, hep me" when she needed our help. I miss how she would say she was changing her name and she wasn't going to tell us her new name. Such a funny mom. I miss her and love her so much! We'll be together again...

No comments:

Post a Comment