Friday, May 13, 2016

one act

Karlee hasn't done much theatre since we've lived here. I know she's missed it. She's tried out for a number of plays but was never cast. I think partially because she never took any theatre classes so she was overlooked. 
She auditioned for a one act play directed by a student and she got the main character that had A LOT of monologues.

Blind dates can be scary, awkward, and exciting all at the same time, and "Scuba Lessons" demonstrates this perfectly. The show, a romantic comedy about two blind dates in a coffee shop, gives the audience a look into the racing thoughts of a woman looking for love. While not all of us have been on a double blind date in a coffee shop, we have all been through new and uncomfortable situations, and we can all relate to Kelly as she faces one herself. 

Before the show the boys asked me if I knew Karlee was going to swear during the play. I told them I had no idea. The boys sat in the row in front of us, when Karlee said @$$ they both turned around so fast to see my reaction. I laughed so hard. It was too funny! 

Karlee did an amazing job! She knew her lines, she spoke loud and clear, and the character really fit her. I love watching my kids participate in activities. Watching my kids do things they love brings me such joy! I love my family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment