Tuesday, January 28, 2014

our future

 
 Well, the kids are out of school again due to the cold.  That's four days this month that the temperatures have been -30 with wind chill.  I think last night it got down to -40.  Still not sure how we're going to survive these winters every year.  :-/

 
 
When Mason was 9 or 10 he went to look at commercial airplanes with the scouts.  He thought they were so very cool, especially first class.  Ever since then he decided he wanted to be a pilot.  Sounds cool to me.  For Christmas Brian and I gave him two flight simulator classes.  He wasn't too sure what to think.  Our 50 minute drive turned into 90 minutes due to a snow storm. He was losing his excitement.  Throughout the lesson I couldn't tell if he was enjoying himself.  Once it was over and we were back in the car... oh man! He loved it!! He might be hooked!  Brian and I would love a pilot in the family! Especially the free airline tickets!
 
I love it when we can help our kids find what they love.  We'll probably schedule the other lesson in a few more weeks.  His instructor also told us about a computer game to help teach him to fly.  Mason wants to buy it now!  I'm hoping I can put him of a bit.  That's something for the summer when it won't take away from school work. Yay, Mason!! I'm glad you've found something you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment