Thursday, January 23, 2014

way late


 
Last Thursday, January 16th, I finally took down Christmas.  I've never left Christmas up that long. With us being gone through the 7th and then the kids were home for a couple more days, it should have come down the day they were back in school.  But no, I'm still unpacking boxes from the move.  Will that ever end? I'm down to boxes from the office and anything craft related.  Just not sure where to put it all.
 
I think another reason it stayed up so long is because I didn't feel crowded with it all up.  Our family room has more space and I wasn't feeling claustrophobic at all.  Karlee thought I should keep it all up till the snow was gone.  There was no way I was going to even consider that! We could have snow into March! (I pray we don't.) But we are still using our "holiday" dishes.  Only now we renamed them, "winter" dishes.
 
Originally, we would start using these dishes at Thanksgiving and go through New Years.  When snow started to fly early November I suggested we start using them as soon as snow flies! And yesterday the snow was still flying... I wish it would stop...  I know one day it will.  But when...
 
A couple nights ago I had the BEST dream.  I dreamt I was on a cruise.  I was soaking up the sun, swimming in the ocean (and I'm not a good swimmer), and had color on my skin (kind of pink but still color). In the dream I remember thinking, OK I can do this cold for a couple more months now! I wish dreams come true and I could go someplace HOT!!  I really need hot. But for now I will ALWAYS remember a scarf and gloves before I go anywhere.  This is my new life.  I'm trying to accept it.

1 comment:

  1. aww you sound so forlorn.....I know Texas misses the Shuldberg's as much as they miss Texas.

    ReplyDelete