Thursday, January 23, 2014

too much!!

My friend, Marsha, sent us a picture of our driveway while we were gone.  This is way too much snow for me.  The day we were driving home there was a major storm.  We got off the interstate to cut off miles and some of these roads hadn't seen a snowplow for hours.  There were a couple of roads we were glad there was someone to follow being how we didn't know these roads at all. 

It sure is pretty to look at though.

The Monday and Tuesday after New Years schools were closed.  We had a Polar Vortex and our temps were -40 to -50 with the wind chill.  We were all excited to have a couple days to recoup after our trip. 

A few days ago I heard on the news that Chicago is #6 in America for the coldest city.  Now this is nothing to celebrate.  Every day I'm amazed at how cold it is here.  Today, for example, it is -20 with the wind chill.  So I stay in and ..blog. :0)
 
After my friend sent me the picture of our driveway her husband cleared our driveway.  They are the most giving people I know.  I'm so glad to call her my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment