Sunday, July 13, 2014

birthday boy


Dad is 75 today. I've been thinking about him a lot lately. 

This picture was taken at Crater Lake National  Park, the summer he turned 72. He went on this trip the summer before he passed with Waynette and Randall, and their spouses. He loved this trip and talked about the beauty of this place a lot. 

A couple weeks ago, when we were working on the wood floors, Brian had reddish sawdust all over his arms. His arms looked exactly like Dads freckles. It made me smile. I miss him. It surprises me he's been gone less than three years. It seems longer than that. 



I made his second favorite cake today. His favorite is a chocolate cake with a prune filling. No chance I was making that! This cake is a sour cream cake with a caramel frosting. It reminded me of my childhood. Happy, happy birthday Dad!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment