Saturday, July 12, 2014

Steel Reunion ~ Day 1

Early Spring I sent out an email to all my siblings about a family reunion. Most said, sure if it's convenient. (Not surprised with the response.) I went online looking for a place in the middle. I found a lake in Nebraska, about the same distance for everyone! I was excited!! Finally a Steel reunion where we aren't doing all the driving. I gave everyone the details so they could reserve their own room. 

By the time the reunion arrived Richard, Aarin and myself were all that would make it. I was sad more couldn't make it, but I knew we would still have fun!!

We went about 20 minutes north of I-80 to Lake McConaughy. We each had our own cabin (trailer), or room. We kept reminding ourselves we weren't there for the living acomodations. We were there for the lake!!



We were soo excited to see the rest of our family! We've missed them so much. Bailee was able to get a ride with Richard. So glad he had room. McKinzie picked up Karlee from the airport the day before. It worked out well to have them bring Karlee. It was so nice to have all my girls together again!

Retta warmed up to us very quickly. Poppi was her favorite!
We went down to the lake just to put out feet in. Wrong! Those boys took off their shirts and went swimming! They loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment