Friday, February 12, 2016

almost Valentines Day

Brian had a dozen beautiful roses delivered today. Such a nice surprise!! It's going to be Valentines all weekend!

Tomorrow Brian and I are going into the city for a comedy show. It's going to be bitterly cold. I hope we can find parking close to the venue. Then Sunday, when it's actually Valentines, we'll be attending different Wards. I have a Ward conference to attend. So we'll have to snuggle all evening together.

Carson had his Valentines party this afternoon. I still struggle that we can't attend if we want. :( Carson made his Valentines box with a shirt box. I love it!! When I asked Carson about Valentines for his class he said we wanted to give mechanical pencils. So we did and his friends loved them! Btw - we used the same hearts for 2nd grade and gave Valentine pencils instead. Nothing wrong with reusing ideas.

McKinzie became room parent by default a couple weeks ago. This was her first party to plan. She was a little overwhelmed at times. I kept reminding her they're 6! No worries! By the smile on Adam's face I'd say it was a success! 

The shirt he's wearing I sent to him. It says, "my ❤️ belongs 2 mommy". I crossed out mommy and wrote Nonnie! It's hard to see in the picture but it's real! I sent Retta a small ladybug purse and candy, for both of course.

Adam made this cute bookmark at his party too. McKinzie has such cute ideas! 

In the package to the kids I sent McKinzie this hand towel I made for her. It turned out great. Probably the best one I've made. Practice, practice, practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment