Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine's Day

It's been a good Valentine's Day/weekend.

Saturday ended up being very busy though. The boys and I went to a play in St. Charles, The Hobbit. The cast was all youth. They did a great job! Carson will be auditioning for another play Tuesday. He loves being on stage. We cleaned part of the church then we were off to a basketball game for Karlee. We lost but she played a great game. Karlee hung out with friends the rest of the night. The boys stayed home while Brian and I went into the city to see a comedy show. The show was ok, but I really enjoyed spending time with Brian. I always look forward to our weekly date.

Today I attended the Woodridge Ward for their Ward conference. I enjoy my calling but I miss attending church with my family. I also missed Karlee making heart waffles for everyone this morning. She's so sweet. 

I was home before them so I prepared dinner...part of it. Earlier in the week I asked Brian if he'd mind grilling for us. I knew it would be cold but I didn't realize we'd get snow. He was a good sport and still grilled.

It's been a relaxing evening catching up on our DVR with Brian. We watched a conference talk for FHE, which we all enjoyed. I'm so grateful for our kids. Most of the time FHE is enjoyable. The kids are attentive and add their ideas and opinions. We have such smart kids. 

I spoke with Bailee earlier today. She received my package today and loved the fleece pants and socks. She's easy to please. She's driving to Utah tonight with a friend and planning on attending the open house of the Provo City Center Temple tomorrow. I'm sure she'll have a great time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment