Saturday, November 12, 2016

our week

Monday we had beautiful weather in Chicagoland! As you can tell the leaves are off my favorite fall tree. That's ok, it's been a great fall.

Tuesday was Election Day. I'm so glad I voted early. It wasn't nearly as stressful. Carson voted at school though. I stayed up till 11 waiting for the results. I think Brian stayed up till after 12. As soon as we woke up in the morning Carson wanted to know who won. We turned on the news and watched it as we got ready for our day. We were surprised...Trump won... I didn't vote for him but I was extremely grateful that at least it wasn't Hillary. Many people are not happy with the results. There have been protesting in many large cities all week.

Wednesday our Yukon got new wheels! It was a forced change. All the salt in the winter slowly eroded away the chrome wheels and caused the tires to lose air. These aren't chrome so they should last the rest of our lifetime with the Yukon. Not much good comes from the winter around here. Just the snow is good. 
Over the 3 years we have lived here I've been invited to bunco maybe a half a dozen times. Thursday I attended and won a prize. I've won something all but once. These dishtowels were my recent prize. I love everything about them; red, holiday themed, free!

Friday morning sunrise...

Most of the trees have lost their leaves but I have a few shrubs hanging on to their color.

I sure love the pile of leaves we now have. The kids haven't had time to play in the leaves but I got the dogs out in them. I was shocked at deep the leaves were. 

I don't think I'll ever get used to the geese around here in the fall and winter. 

I remembered the flag for Veterans Day. I don't always but I try. So grateful for the men and women that serve our country keeping us save, past and present.

Tonight I snapped this picture on my way home from running errands. It's a little blurry I know, but I still like it. I attended a baby shower for my secretary this afternoon then went to a handful of stores. I was gone longer than I planned, that's happened almost everyday this week. 

Mason hang out at a friends house tonight. Friday or Saturday's he tries to do that. He's got some great friends. Brian got the truck moved into the garage today. Last night was our first freeze. Perfect timing! CJ chose our movie for tonight, "Maze Runner". He's just finished the book and has started the second one in the series. He loves to read!!

Tomorrow will be busy as well. Church at 1 then I have a pre-conference meeting at 4 then Preisthood Preview at 6:30. I guess my sleeping in will by my restful part of my Sabbath.

No comments:

Post a Comment