Friday, January 20, 2017

our 6 month baby

This little guy is 6 months old today! He had surgery yesterday (no babies for him) and now he's wearing the "cone of shame." He looks so sad...


But he's still super cute!

No school for us today so CJ planned a pirate marathon. He's been looking forward to this for possibly two weeks. I checked out movie 3 and 4 from the library and he gathered everything he might need to play the part. He looks great! He started around 9 this morning and was able to finish by 10. He thought the day went too fast. 

Mason had his winter recital tonight. He was not looking forward to it. He played "O Come All Ye Faithful" and "The Fly's Adventure." He struggled with the hymn... He said he was so nervous he was shaking while he was playing. He REALLY doesn't want to do another recital ever again. He will. I think the next one is in April. Hopefully he learned something from tonight. Like practice, practice, practice. 

Karlee is enjoying school so much more this semester. She's been able to do her own cooking and I think that has made a huge difference for her. She's made banana bread, bow tie pasta, cornbread with egg and bacon muffins, pancakes, plus she made chocolate chip cookies yesterday and she declared it finally feels like home. ;) 

Bailee has a date tonight with a hot guy!! Her words. She's was so excited. School is going well for her. She's still working at Barnes & Nobel and Subway plus taking two or three classes and volunteering for a group on campus. She's seems happy.

McKinzie is doing well, lonely, but she keeps moving forward. She impresses me everyday with her strength. She's trying so hard to help her kids with all this. Trying to figure out what's next. She's hoping a husband is what's next. I pray for that too.

Brian is plugging along with his diet. He's so focused. He's lost more than half of his goal. I don't want to share numbers yet. Let's just say you wouldn't recognize him. :0)

I was able to watch some of the inauguration. It's comforting to see the power change hands so smoothly. I didn't vote for him. I really wish he would learn to think before he speaks though. I'll pray for him and his administration. I know they will need all the prayers they can get. I also worked on a new table runner most of the day. It's a valentine one. I just might have it finished next week. My fingers are crossed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment