Wednesday, January 11, 2017

a good life

I snapped this last night. He had no idea.  He's been walking/running a couple nights a week. Brian asked him why and he simply said he didn't like the way he looked. Good for him to do something about it. He said he liked the treadmill because he can watch TV at the same time. Smart boy!

At this moment the TV is on and he's facetiming/chatting with Hayden. He's a multitasker.
















Last night I FINALLY put all of Christmas away. This is very late for me. The first week of January I decided to take it easy and relax with my family. I'm glad I did. I still need to dust before I put everything back where it belongs. Hopefully by Friday the house will be back to normal.

Last week I had two different kids ask what I do all day.  It kind of made me question what I do. I started thinking maybe I need to do something different/more. Then this week I've been super busy with putting away Christmas, helping to feed missionaries lunch at the Stake Center, and meetings for my calling AND it's only Wednesday, I've decided I'm doing enough. Both Mason and Karlee think my days are pretty simple and low stress, AKA easy. I told them some days they are. Then there's visiting teaching, dr and dentist appointments, temple trips, presidency meetings, grocery shopping, laundry, house cleaning, painting rooms, gardening, running, plus endless hours house training a puppy! Yeah, I think it's plenty. I'm so grateful that Brian's job provides well enough for me to continue staying home. I enjoy being home for our kids. I enjoy baking them fresh cookies when they arrive home from school. I enjoy being able to talk with my girls in the middle of the day if they choose to call. I enjoy an impromptu lunch with my best friend. I enjoy my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment