Saturday, August 23, 2014

a week with Colton


A couple weeks ago the boys best friend from Texas, Colton, came to visit us for a week. They were all soo excited! The first morning/day together Harry Potter was the first thing they did!  I'm not surprised at all.
We spent one evening doing an egg toss and water balloon fight.


They had lots of fun playing at one of our city pools.



Although, I think Colton was freezing most of the time in the water. I told him the cement would warm him up. lol
 
 
Mason needed to go find signs of animals for a scout requirement.  We headed out to our local nature preserve, behind our neighborhood.
 
They looked everywhere while I took pictures.

It was a beautiful day!! The sky, the clouds, everything was perfect!

Carson loved catching frogs. They were quick.
This Queen Anne's Lace is quickly becoming one of my new favorite wildflowers. It grows along the roads throughout the summer.

 


These two made mini brownies. Super yummy!! Thursday night they all, three boys and two girls, slept in the backyard in our tent.  So grateful for Karlee and Bailee for joining them. :0)

Then the last full day with us, Friday, we went into Chicago to see some of the sights.





 
The kids rode the ferris wheel and this swing.  The swing looked super fun but I know it would have made me sick. We ate some burgers then found a maze.  It was fun!  There was a bridge that a tunnel around it was spinning.  I could hardly walk through it.  Bailee about fell over too. We played a couple of timed color games as well. As we were racing around this tiny room, after our color,  my foot kept getting smashed.  By the end my pinkie nail was completely torn off.  OUCH!! The kids ran through the maze again and again.  I think they did the color games a few more times too.  Once was enough for me.


 

 
 

On a side note, Carson learned how to blow bubbles while we were at Navy Pier.  He's trying to blow a bubble as I'm taking their picture.
 
I'm still in awe that Colton's parents trusted us enough to let Colton fly for the first time by himself and let him visit us for the week. I know his Dad was VERY nervous. They were some of our most favorite neighbors.  We miss having Colton across the street for the boys to play with, we don't have that here.  I miss borrowing ingredients from Lori, I haven't asked anyone here yet.  We miss the impromptu sleepover, that's never happened here.  There are some things about Texas that we'll never be able to replace.  Colton and his family is one of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment