Friday, August 8, 2014

summer fun

I've really enjoyed this summer. I don't feel like it's gone too fast and I'm not going crazy with the kids. 

We've been on bike rides, played at parks, picnic lunches, dinners on the deck, movies, and swimming. We've watched and caught a few fireflies together too. I love the fireflies!

These last few days Karlee has been at PL, Peer Leadership Club. It's all about Juniors and Seniors helping the Freshman with starting a new school. She's really enjoying it and making lots of new friends herself. 

Yesterday Bailee and I went running together. We only ran one mile then split apart to finish our own run. I really enjoyed it. I love that we have something in common. She starts a new job on the 16th at a nail salon, a receptionist. On Monday she has an interview at Barnes and Noble. She's excited! Brian and I are hopeful. 

After dinner tonight, while Brian was mowing, the boys decided to fly kites. I love that our yard is big enough to fly kites!!
Then I took the kids to "flick-n-float" at Otter Cove. Mason swam more tonight than he ever does. I was shocked! It was a beautiful night. 







Mason came and sat by me because he was cold. He's leaning back on my legs. I'm glad he still likes me. It's hard to believe he's staring 7th grade in 10 days. My kids are getting old but not me!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment