Sunday, August 31, 2014

visit to Texas

I had a wonderful visit these past few days. On the first day I dropped McKinzie off at work and kept her car. I then took these two with me over to Ruth's house. Julianna was able to come over as well. It was great seeing them! I really hope we can stay in touch. I'm aweful at it but I'm trying. 

Then on the drive to McKinzie's house Adam asked me, "Nonnie? If we have the ingredients, can we make cookies?" Oh man!! That melted my heart!  I quickly called McKinzie to see if she had everything. Yes!! Adam and I made cookies together. :0)

Retta loves to hold Adam's hand. He's such a good big brother. He'll slow down and take her hand. I sure love these two!


A quick selfie just before bed. 
The excuse to get to Texas was a convention. I spent Friday with Angela in meetings. Saturday McKinzie was able to join us. We all learned lots. Now I need to put it to work. 

I had so much fun with McKinzie! Thursday night we stayed up till 12:30 talking. Then again on Saturday we stayed up till 1. Geoff joined us Saturday. We laughed and laughed!  I'm so glad their kids sleep hard. 

Entertaining ourselves waiting for our food. I've never taken so many selfies as I did with these two. 




Sundance Square is so fun for kids. We let the them run around after dinner. The temperature was 89 degrees at 9:00. I loved how warm it was. This is one thing I miss in Chicago. There's more I miss...like my daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment