Saturday, March 21, 2015

birthday boy

This boy had a birthday today, 47 years old!! I asked him last night if he felt that old. He said no...he felt 50!!  He doesn't look it! 
 
He makes breakfast for the family every Saturday.  I told him last night I would make it this morning if he would like. He told me he would cook.  He knows I would struggle with the hashbrowns. His breakfasts are the BEST!!
 
I think he's had a pretty good day. After Karlee's last church basketball game (btw ~ they went undefeated.  Go Karlee!!) we went and ate at Outback. It was so good, the food, the company...all of it. Then we went home for presents and cake.

 
 
 




Now he's watching college basketball.  Tonight we're going to go a play/musical in our community.  It's something I could see Carson doing someday.  That's really why we're going.

I've done this for the kids.  Let's see if I can come up with 47 items about Brian.

  1. he keeps things fun
  2. gives the best hugs
  3. love that I can wear heels with him
  4. a big pest
  5. makes the best breakfast
  6. can remove a fire alarm monitor without a stool ;)
  7. is a safe driver
  8. has been known to read a book and drive at the same time - still safe
  9. has learned when to listen and not fix
  10. mows the lawn like a pro
  11. best painter in the house
  12. always been worthy to have the Priesthood
  13. loves to make the biggest splash in the pool
  14. opens my door for every date - and other times too
  15. he knew we'd be together forever before me
  16. he has an amazing testimony of Jesus Christ
  17. he keeps seminary fun
  18. I love his full lips - always have
  19. he loves to travel as much as me
  20. patient with me as I try to get one more picture
  21. best at removing splinters
  22. he was so calm when Bailee had her ATV accident, knew how to keep her calm too
  23. willing to give us a Priesthood blessing whenever we ask
  24. is amazing at making up words to songs
  25. can rhyme anything
  26. has an amazing smile
  27. at that dimple...sigh
  28. is gentle and loving with babies
  29. can make almost any baby smile
  30. love his goatee
  31. super smart - helps Karlee with pre-calculus and physics
  32. is an awesome boss - all his assistants have loved working for him
  33. works at jobs he doesn't like very much to provide for his family
  34. is willing to watch whatever I want so I will sit with him
  35. lets me put my cold toes on him so I can warm up
  36. tells great stories
  37. he'll admit I'm right more than him
  38. he's the first to apologies
  39. very creative when working on projects with the kids
  40. best artist in the family
  41. when we clean the church building he ALWAYS does the bathrooms
  42. helps me clean the kitchen after a meal - daily
  43. always comes find me, when he comes home, with a kiss
  44. was a kind, loving, compassionate Bishop
  45. never complains about my cooking, decorating, only sometimes my shopping
  46. loves his family
  47. loves me
He is my best friend!! My love. I'm so grateful to spend eternity with him!
Happy Birthday Babe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment