Thursday, March 12, 2015

Spring is close

Today has been a great day!

Before school I captured a picture of Stella loving on Carson. She's very playful, almost aggressive. She really needs to be exercised more. Hopefully soon we can ran a couple times aweek again. 

But today I ran outside!! 9 miles!! There is still plenty of snow but we've had 40s and 50s all week. When I ran it was about 42. There were times I was feeling quite warm then I would make a turn and a very cool breeze would hit me. It was amazing to be outside in the sun again. 

The view from our deck! The snow is almost gone in our backyard. 

When I got back home UPS was delivering my new camera! I'm so excited!! I played with it a little this afternoon. I was hoping I'd get it before our trip in a couple of weeks. Yay! I can't wait to put it to use! 


A couple weeks ago I started working on my dinning room drapes. I'm even using a blind hem stitch, a first! 

I want the drapes to puddle on the floor so my plan was to make them 96". I finished one panel and it seemed very long. When I was about to do the bottom hem on the second panel I realized my mistake. I measured 96" THEN put a 5" hem. So it's really 101"...too long. Now as I see the panel hung I'm thinking the fabric might be too heavy to puddle. I need another opinion. I was hoping to finish them today. Oh well, maybe tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment