Wednesday, March 29, 2017

spring break

Originally the boys and I had planned on going to Texas for spring break. Well, plans changed. We were all disappointed. Brian came up with the idea to go to Mall of America for the weekend. I quickly reached out to Davis to see if he could take our dogs for the weekend. Once that was confirmed Brian booked us a hotel. We had never been. We were excited!

We left early Saturday morning. We ended up stopping at a gas station in Wisconsin and we found cheese! All kinds of cheese! 

The chocolate cheese fudge sample was surprisingly good. It was creamy and chocolatey and yummy.

We went straight to the mall and found all kinds of rides. It was awesome! 





Sunday morning we played miniature golf. Of course Brian won. There were a few holes we couldn't stop laughing. I think the people behind us were a little irritated since we were slow.

Then we did a mirror maze. In the picture below can you tell which one is the real boys? We played tag for a bit inside. It was crazy trying to find each other. I think I kept going in circles. 



I think this was the boys favorite ride, The Brain Surge. I went on it with Brian on Saturday and he spun it so fast I was sick. Probably the sickest I've felt on a ride. I didn't even attempt it on Sunday with them. I sat on a bench and relaxed. 

We had a fun filled weekend. But we knew once we got home there were tons of things to do to get the house ready to put on the market.

It's now Wednesday and we've cleaned carpet, cleaned out lights, pressure washed the front step (it was mossy looking), removed furniture out of the basement to declutter, put the trailer back in the garage, put a few large items in garage, both boys rooms are decluttered, made a trip to goodwill (it had 5 large trash bags plus ceiling fan and storage drawers), and now we're filling gaps in the wood floor in the kitchen. The list is still longer than what we've finished but it's a dent for sure. I'm really hoping by next week we can have it on the market. I'll keep you posted. 




No comments:

Post a Comment