Friday, March 3, 2017

bits and pieces

Well...I'm still washing dishes by hand. It's been two weeks and the tech from Sears never relayed the information to LG about it being a manufacture defect. So now another tech needs to come out to verify it's true. I'm trying to be patient. It's hard.
Have I ever mentioned I love my view?! Everyday I love looking out my kitchen window. 

Brian has started making a mat for the homeless out of plastic bags. It's so cool! He learned about it online and I've been hoarding bags for months and months and he just run out. He did't get very far. I guess that means I need to go shopping more. (haha) He didn't think that that comment was very funny either. 

On my drive home on Dean. It was nice seeing blue sky.  It's been dreary here. 

It's her first day of soccer!! Isn't she the cutest?! McKinzie said she was very nervous to go to her first practice. Once her mom told her the coach was a friend of Daddy's, Brett P., then that was it. She was fine and no more nerves. I wish we lived closer to see her in a game. She's normally very feisty. I'm not sure it'll happen on the soccer fields. 

Thursday morning we woke up to a dusting of snow. It was very pretty but I was glad it was gone by mid morning. We're back to typical Chicago weather...cold. I'm hoping it won't last long. I'm really ready for spring.

These two enjoy the warm sun as well.

Stella isn't doing very well this week. Tuesday she ran 3 miles with me. Wednesday she was whimpering and didn't move much. She seems to be doing better but she doesn't go downstairs with me and she still whimpers at times. Maybe she's feeling her age. She'll be 10 in July. I guess no more runs with me. Only walks with Brian. 

Did you catch that?! I'm back to running this week! I didn't run for almost 3 weeks. (20 days to be exact.) That cold/flu really took it out of me. I ran Tuesday and Wednesday and then walked Thursday morning because my legs were so sore. I was surprised with how sore I became and how slow too. I was at a 9 minute mile. When I ran Tuesday it was almost a 10:30 mile. I was training for a half for April. I've decided to not push myself and possibly cause an injury and not run the half. Now I need to find another half for possibly May or June. I still want to do one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment