Sunday, April 23, 2017

a beautiful Sunday


Today has been a wonderful day. We had Stake Conference today and during breakfast Mason mentioned he wanted to attend at the Stake Center since he had friends in the choir. The boys were quick to get ready and we were able to arrive there at about 9:15. There wasn't a lot of pews left but since there was only three of us we found a spot on the cushioned benches. 

The Spirit was so strong for me. From the youth speaker talking about temple recommends and attending the temple all the way through President Boswell and him sharing his experiences of attending church in Peru this past month. As I sat there and looked at the youth choir I was surprised with all the kids that I knew. I'm surprised of all the individuals I know in the Stake because of my calling. I had a Stake calling in Texas but I never knew individuals there like I know them here. I've enjoyed this calling for many reasons. I'm going to miss it when I'm released which probably will happen in June. 

After FHE I took the dogs for a walk. I miss walking with Brian. It's always been a great time to visit and catch up. With him in Oregon we often chat while I walk but it's not the same. I sure miss him. 

We talked again later this evening as we both have been searching for houses for sale online. The house on Emily fell through. We were both disappointed but not concerned that we don't have a house under contract yet. It's comforting to find new listings that we love. We're trying to be patient as we've realized it might be better to wait for our house to be under contract. Knowing what we'll get for our home might make a difference of which home we choose. There are currently six homes that we are considering. They vary in size as much as in price. They are very different and we like them for different reasons. I hope we can choose, and not keep second guessing, when it comes time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment