Saturday, April 11, 2015

Oahu ~ Day 4

This was probably our favorite day of our entire vacation.
We left the hotel about 6:30 to go snorkeling.  We've never snorkeled, we were nervous. On our way to Hanauma Bay we stopped off at a park to get a few pictures with this Indian Banyan tree.  The vines/roots were cool.
 



This is Hanauma Bay!! So pretty.  We watched a video to learn about the Bay and to be environmentally friendly. Down on the beach we rented gear.

 We dropped our things on the beach, headed to the water to put on the gear and off we went. I'll admit it was a little freaky, at first, to put my face in the water and breath. There were a few times I had to remind myself to slow my breathing, to breath deep. Once I relaxed it was amazing! We saw many, many fish! There were a few times the water was so shallow and the coral high that there was barely enough room to swim over.  Brian didn't always have enough room.  We both scrapped our knees or elbows on the coral too. We will snorkel again!! We loved it!!




 After a few hours we decided to head out. I was surprised at how many people kept coming in. All these people in the below picture just finished watching the video. It was like this all morning.



One of my favorite roads we drove on.
 
After snorkeling we were starving. Brian noticed a burger place off Waikiki beach. Oh man!! It hit the spot!


 We cleaned up after lunch and headed North. We wanted to attend the Laie Hawaii Temple. Our friend, Tori, told us about an amazing shaved ice place that was a must try. (She gave us lots of tips for our trip. She did an amazing job. She should be a travel agent. Her tips were that good!)

Brian had raspberry. I had tropical. Which was guava, papaya, and coconut I think. We both loved it! But there's a twist to this. You can have ice cream and beans with it. We both had ice cream, the beans sounded odd.


 
 
 As we left I noticed a few coconut trees! So of course we stopped to take a picture.

 Here it is! Isn't it beautiful!?! We were able to take a few pictures before we attended a session. Then I got a few more afterwards.





This day was wonderful! Relaxed, slow paced, beautiful, with a few hours of service at the temple. We didn't want to go home the next day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment