Saturday, December 12, 2015

ward party

I helped with planning our Ward Christmas party again this year, with most of the same women. All the planning came together nicely. Although, I think it took longer to decorate this year. Brian and I spent 4 hours this morning working on the gym. Mostly hanging fishing lines and balloons. I think we hung 140 balloons. It turned out great!! The clean up wasn't too bad either.
The program was about "The fourth gift." About giving a gift to Christ. 

The White Stocking
(Adapted by Carolyn Cox, Canberra)

'Twas the night before Christmas and I walked through the house,
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

The presents had been wrapped and placed under the tree,
I paused, tired, excited, and then giggled with glee.

The stockings were hanging and were beautifully filled,
No one had been forgotten, though the credit card was billed.

As I looked at the scene with the stockings on the ledge,
I noticed one empty, the one on the edge.

Where's the Spirit of Christmas that might be forgotten,
How could I not remember the Father's Only Begotten?

Only He had been left out of the festivities,
As we planned and prepared all, for our families.

As I pondered, I realized this just was not right!
It was His birth that was being celebrated after this night.

I resolved then and there to remember The Lord,
And quickly made changes that were easy to afford.

I hung the white stocking in a special place in our home,
And corrected the atmosphere to provide a more spiritual tone.

On Christmas eve I gathered the family together,
And each of us wrote on a special piece of paper.

We gave Jesus a gift which we placed in the stocking,
A sincere change of heart, not there for the mocking.

The white stocking hung in our home as a symbol for us,
Of the true meaning of Christmas -- the Savior, the Lord Jesus.

So take your white stocking and hang it with pride,
Remember the Savior, put His gift inside.




No comments:

Post a Comment