Monday, November 23, 2015

all good news

Our post parent teacher conference donuts!! Not sure how Bailee qualified. :D

Today was all about conferences. Mason's conference was first. He did NOT want to go with me but it was recommended. His was a team conference, 4 teachers at once. The only class he struggles in, which is still a strong B, is his Literature class. His treacher reminded him of what is expected and encouraged him to keep moving forward. Telling him that he had confidence in him. All his teachers expressed how much they enjoy having him in class, how easily he works with anyone he's asked to, and how he adds to class discussions willingly. Mason is such a smart, sensitive, fun boy! 

Karlee's was just before lunch. I originally scheduled 5 conferences. Within a week of scheduling I received an email that one teacher would be out due to surgery. We rescheduled it earlier in November. This morning I received an email cancelling due to a family emergency and then two phone calls cancelling yet two more. We attended one conference today. All was positive! As is always the case with Karlee's conference visits. Karlee has always enjoyed attending with me. She enjoys all the praises she gets. She was a little sad we only had one visit. The teacher we wanted to talk to the most was her calculus teacher. She was one that cancelled. :( Calculus has been tough for her. She currently has a B, that's with lots of hard work too. She doesn't like getting B's. She's smart and driven. Her plan is to be a nurse practitioner. She has sent in her application for BYU. Our fingers and toes are crossed. 

This afternoon was Carson's conference. He enjoys coming with me as well. I found out he is the only one in his class that goes to a special, most advanced, reading group. I'm not that surprised. He LOVES reading! He's helpful, often adds more than expected to his assignments and his teachers enjoy having him in class. I don't think I've heard anything slightly negitive at any of his conferences. Yes I know he's only in 4th grade but I'm confident this is the trend for him.

And great news for Bailee too! She was accepted into a program where she'll be at Badger Creek for a semester. She's very excited! Shortly after Christmas I'll be driving with her back to school. She has decided to drive her car out. The plan is for me to fly home before New Years. It's only a few weeks away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment