Sunday, November 29, 2015

working girl again

About a month ago I started working 3 days a week for about 2 hours a day at Carson's school helping out at lunch and recess. Overall I like it.

Since we started getting serious about doing Bailee's teeth I knew I would need something more. Our savings would not be enough to cover the cost of her teeth. I started thinking about what I could do to contribute. I didn't want weekends, holidays, summer, or basically anything that would conflict with my priority of my family. Or anything that I would take home and stress about. I know what you must be thinking. Ha!! Good luck with that wish list!

A few weeks ago Brian asked if Bailee might be interested in working in the office at one of his locations. Answering phones, making copies, basically clerical, maybe 4-5 hours a day. I told him it wouldn't work with her current job. I thought about it for a day or two (and prayed) and decided this would work for me. In fact I felt good about this. It was almost perfect for me. It's about 10 minutes from home, from 1-5 in the afternoon so it wouldn't mess up our mornings and I would still be able to keep working at Carson's school. I would only be needed when school was in session. I checked with Brian to see what he thought. He didn't like it.

After a few days he gave me the info of who I needed to talk to. I went in for an "interview" and it seemed like a good fit. When Brian talked with Louis, Louis wondered where Brian found me. We never told him my last name. We were a little sneaky I know. I hope this can work. I don't want anybody trying to talk to Brian through me.

I'll admit I'm a little nervous to be at a job every day. It's been over 18 years since I worked outside the home. This will require adjustments at home to some degree. When I first mentioned to the kids that I might start working again Carson was the saddest. As I sit here and type this it's making me sad too. I start tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment