Sunday, April 17, 2016

busy weekend

Carson had a half day on Friday due to parent teacher conferences so to him that means DIY.

After I took him out to lunch, wanting to make the day a little special, he came up with all kinds of ideas to make.
We made two badges. A Captain badge for his Quiddage robe then a Prefect badge for his school robe. The badges helped to finish the look he was going for.

Then we made these signs for his light switch. I think those are self explanatory.
Friday I was able to finish this block I was making for Kristie M. She's making a quilt for a woman she visit teaches. I think it turned out great. I'm still not sure how much to charge her though. 

Then I started making all things pink! Skylar and Amanda are expecting a girl and her baby shower is Friday. I'm hoping to get it in the mail tomorrow.
Friday night we had a family game/movie night. (Karlee ended up inviting Miranda and Jonathon over too.) Brian picked up pizza on his way home from work. We played a couple hands of "poo face" then watched Mockingjay 2. It was a fun evening. 

On Saturday, Brian and I pulled out a few overgrown shrubs in the front flowerbed and planted a few flowering shrubs in their place. I love the new colors! I'll try and share a picture later this week. We then attended the adult session of Stake Conference. Our favorite!!

Today was our Stake Conference. It ended up being a much busier day than I had planned. I was sustained as the Stake Primary President along with two counselors. I'm looking forward to working with these ladies. They are amazing! 

After a late lunch and before Karlee and I attended a BYU meeting Carson wanted to make another DIY, a flag. He was lucky I had all the supplies needed. 

Plus there was BYD this afternoon as well. Such a busy day. Not our kind of Sunday.

McKinzie just sent me this picture of Dex. I think he getting a little too much sun. I know he needed some extra sun due to jaundice but they might have gotten carried away. lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment