Friday, August 5, 2016

challenge accepted

On Facebook I was challenged to do the "Love Your Spouse Challenge". I don't usually do this but I thought why not. It lasted for seven days. I thought I'd share what I posted. 

Day 1 "Love your spouse challenge" Challenged by Sandy H to post a picture with my loving and handsome better half for 7 days and tag 2 people each day to keep the celebration of love going. Tag Kristie M and Angela W.

This was our wedding day if you couldn't tell. I love you Brian!


Love your spouse , day 2. I challenge Jennifer W and Becky J.

This was taken July 2013 as we were doing a scavenger hunt. This pose was Brian's idea. He has always put the fun in our relationship, from the very beginning. I'm so grateful for his fun loving attitude. He can make ANYTHING fun. Love you Babe!
 

Love my spouse challenge day 3. I challenge Janae P and Holly S.

Shortly after we had McKinzie I loved the idea of watching Brian with all girls. For a long time that's all we had. He was gentle when they got hurt. He loved to rough house and throw them around. He would even cut out cookies with them. I love you Babe! You are an amazing father!

Love your spouse challenge day 4. I challenge Tanya S and Brenda R.

This is our most recent photo/selfie together in San Francisco. Brian has taken me to some amazing places. I love traveling with him and I hope he takes to many more places. On our last "where do you want to go next" conversation I mentioned Africa...a safari. My fingers are crossed.

 Day 5 "Love your spouse challenge." Challenged by Sandy H to post a picture of my loving handsome and better half for 7 days and tag 2 people each day to continue the celebration of love going. Tag Janene D and Rachelle J.

This was taken when Mason was 9 years old when Brian was Bishop of our church congregation. Mason was getting too big for clip on ties so he planned on wearing a regular tie. Brian had left before we could get help with the tie. Luckily, the girls knew how to tie a tie and helped him. When we got to church it wasn't quite right. I sent Mason up on the stand for Dad to help. I love this moment of Brian helping Mason. It is so tender to me. I love the example Brian is to our children, especially our boys. I'm grateful Brian is worthy to hold the Priesthood (the same Priesthood in the Bible) and teaches our boys how to live worthily so they too can have the Priesthood for their families one day.

Day 6 "Love your spouse challenge." I challenge Ruth K and Christy D.

As most of you may know kids ask moms for everything. It's just their "go to parent" you could say It seems our kids do it overtime. As our girls have gotten older their relationship with their father has grown. McKinzie and Brian use to walk our dog Peanut every morning together. This picture was taken after one of their walks when there was "a chance" of rain. That daily walk together saved their relationship as changes happened in our family over the next few months.

It warms my heart to watch both Bailee and Kinzie need their dad. After Bailee's ATV accident Brian stayed calm and reassured her that all would be OK. Brian gave her a blessing and we all knew she would be fine. After Geoff's accident, as soon as we got back to Texas, all McKinzie wanted was a hug from her dad. She told me later how much that helped her.

I'm very grateful for Brian and his desire to take care of our family in EVERY way.




Day 7 "Love your spouse challenge" Challenged by Sandy H to post a picture with my loving and handsome better half for 7 days and tag 2 people each and every day to keep the celebration of love going. I tag Cherine M and Andrea B.

Because of Brian we have five amazing children. They are honest, kind, fun loving individuals. Plus, three beautiful grandchildren. Thank you Brian for asking me to be yours for eternity! I'd do this ride all over again. You have my love always and forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment