Saturday, August 13, 2016

two birthday surprises

Many weeks ago I found a Harry Potter scavenger hunt in Chicago. I checked dates and we didn't have a conflict so I booked it for Carson. Today was the day. As we drove in these three challenged each other with Harry Potter trivia. It was fun to hear their laughter. 

We had an hour and a half to answer 21 questions from ALL over the Art Institute of Chicago. Below we are looking into a miniature room that looked like a dining hall from the movie trying to count dogs  in the painting on the wall. It was tiny and so cute!

The hunt was more difficult than we imagined. There were a few times we weren't sure of what they were asking. We tried our best and we ended up getting 2nd place. CJ was a little discouraged. Luckily they gave all the kids a medal. That made it all better. Our team name was Wizit's, Wizards in Training. Brian thought of the name, we all loved it. 

I love many things about this city. 

Then we took Karlee to eat at a place she has been wanting to go for over a month. We were told an hour wait. It ended bring an hour and a half. Plus he never took down names. What's with that?! We all waited together. 

Man was it good!! It's a pot pie pizza! So worth the wait. 

We ended the day with ice cream. I hope they both feel a little special. I love my family so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment