Sunday, August 7, 2016

summer swimming

We were able to do a fair amount of swimming while in Texas. The first two pictures were after Dex's blessing before we left for San Francisco.

The day after Geoff was killed I took all the kids to their neighborhood pool. To get them out of the house, to give me something to do, to give McKinzie some space... Anyway, while we were there the boys really wanted Adam to learn how to swim. I decided to step in and within a short time he was swimming!! He did awesome. As soon as we got home he told his mom then added, "I don't get to show Crae." We all started to cry. We tried to explain that Crae knows. 

Dad, Karlee and Mason drove back to Illinois for a few days. During that time Carson and Adam went swimming with Colton in our old pool! Crazy! Carson said it was kind of weird swimming there. 




We swam a couple times at Jerry and Aimee's too. Their pool made me jealous. A pool is one thing I miss in Illinois. A pool in your backyard was a dream. 



A day or so before I came home I convinced McKinzie to go to the pool with us. She didn't want to go but finally she got in a played with Retta. Retta loved it! McKinzie needed to try and have fun even if it was only with/for her kids. 

She's doing better lately. She still doesn't want to small talk with anyone. She prefers small groups. She's putting one foot in front of the other though. She's been to the temple a number of times and that has brought her peace. I have friends that are still praying for her. That touches my heart more than I can express. I know prayer works. I know she'll be fine. I know she's strong. We'll all keep praying for her for sometime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment