Sunday, August 7, 2016

Thursday's adventures

I can't believe in a few short weeks this boy is going to be in high school. My quiet, beautiful wavy blonde, talk to nobody little boy is a Freshman. To be honest, my heart aches that he only has a few more years at home with me. I really, really wish time would slow down. 

We don't go to this pool very often. It's just not as convenient. We also like the lifeguards better at the other pool. Wink. Wink. But the boys LOVE the lilly pads! Especially Carson. He always leaves with blisters from using the ropes. His hands still hurt today. I don't think they've ever hurt this long. 

Karlee had mentioned a few days earlier about a movie in the park. It sounded fun and free. Why not? We popped popcorn and filled a cooler with drinks and off we went. 

Carson of course entertained himself while waiting for it to get dark enough. It was a fun zip line. I even pushed him a couple times to go faster. 

Every free minute Karlee has she's hanging out with friends. Like she'll never see them again once she leaves for school. (Some truth to that I suppose.) She did make it in time for the movie and grab this silly picture of Bailee and myself. This is Bailee's pose since her Senior year. I decided to stop fighting it. 

We had a fun time watching Goonies. I know I watched it as a kid but have only seen bits and pieces over the years. It was fun to sit and relax with my family. It was a very nice night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment