Saturday, June 3, 2017

5K fun

These two ran a 5K with me this morning. CJ wasn't sure about doing it when we signed up. He finally agreed. Mason had no desire to run with us. He decided not to come this morning either. I wish he had. We had fun. 

Karlee ran the first mile with Carson. She was able to get a picture of him when they passed later in their run. 

She just ran across home plate!

Go CJ! 
He thought it was cool to hang out in the Cougars dugout. 

We were hanging out in the bleachers eating our free hotdog and Karlee asked if there was a reason we hadn't left. I told her I thought we'd wait for the awards. I found a list of results and both Karlee and I placed! Karlee placed 3rd in the 15-18 year olds with a 32:44.8 time. I placed 2nd in the 45-49 year olds with a 27:36.5 time. A personal record for me. Carson's time was 43:13.3. He said he walk most of it. I told him that was fine. I'm just glad he joined us. 

On our drive home CJ wanted to make a summer bucket list. We had things like Six Flags, go to a beach in Chicage, Pacific Ocean, waterfalls in Oregon... I suggested running 3 5K's over the summer. CJ asked if this one would count as one. I said of course! He agreed to run two more with me. Our next one will probably be mid July in Geneva. Maybe our August one could be in Salem? That would be so nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment