Tuesday, July 18, 2017

We're moving!

Look at her antlers! I facetimed Bailee Sunday and it was a surprise to see antlers. I mean I know she loves working at Badger and all but is this really necessary? Geez Bailee ;)  We get to see Bailee on Saturday. I'm so very excited! Brian and I decided to take a route to Oregon a little north so we'll be stopping at Mt. Rushmore (wahoo!) then we'll stay one night in Montana where Bailee will meet us and we'll give her Cali. We can only have two pets in the apartment and dogs are more work so we'll keep them. Julie has graciously accepted to take Cali for us. Bailee is very excited to have Cali close. She would take her if her apartment would allow it. We hope it's only for a short time so Julie and Larry don't hate us too bad for taking care of our cat.

Packers arrived bright and early Monday morning. The only safe place for awhile was the dining room. We have many spots throughout the house that has a sign "DO NOT PACK". Those spots are growing. I hope we have room for all we'll be taking with us.

A couple days ago the kids heard an advertisement for .59 short stack at IHOP on Tuesday. I told the kids to remind me and maybe we could go. When the movers left on Monday they said the kitchen was first to be packed. They really wanted to pack the kitchen on Monday but I convinced them to leave it one more day. Since I couldn't really make breakfast and have it cleaned up and all the dishes washed by 8 for the movers it worked out perfect to go out for breakfast. We were out the door a few minutes before 7 and made it back home before 8. Score!! IHOP was very empty at 7. It was nice. Our waitress asked us if we were there for the pancakes so she put in the order very quickly. We didn't even look at menus.

Boysenberry syrup... YUM!!
I added a $5 tip and we called it good. Such a great way to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment